Journalists use a wide range of equipment. Whether you’re typing a story on a computer or using a video camera for a video you’ll post online, tech gear can be tricky. Below are some tips for the most common equipment you’ll use when working on your student media publications:
- 12 Tips for Improving Camera Phone photos
- An overview of video cameras as they pertain to the newspaper industry. As newsrooms become more converged, investment in multimedia equipment is becoming a major factor in purchasing decisions.
- A Video Camera Tutorial from mediacollege.com, an educational website with free resources about everything multimedia.
- Digital SLR Camera Basics from Nikon
- Video techniques to help you avoid some of these common mistakes: Trees or poles behind someone’s head, subjects who are darkened blurs because there was bright light in the background, boring shots of buildings.
- This Photoshop tutorial looks at how image resolution affects print quality.